Lead in its metallic state does not present a health risk provided that a few simple precautions are followed:
- Apply a hand barrier cream where possible
- Wear appropriate personal protection equipment, such as safety gloves and boots
- Always wash your hands and forearms as soon as you finish handling Lead and before you do anything else. This applies even when wearing gloves
- Do not eat, drink or smoke after handling Lead until you have washed your hands
- When sweeping a Lead storage area, wear a protective dust mask and damp down any dust before you sweep
Health & Safety Data Sheets are available for specific BLM’s products. These can provide you with full product safety information and can be accessed from our Download section.
If you need further information on how to work safely with Rolled Lead Sheet in construction, ELSIA (European Lead Sheet Industry Association) provide simple and very useful steps on How to Work Safely
with Lead Sheet.
If you would like further advice on working with Lead in construction please contact our technical office at email@example.com